Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Large picnic basket box ..

I just love creating 3d projects and this one is my latest favourite. Its quite a large project and end measurements are 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" so a great size for many things. This will hold your C6 size cards and envelopes, and lots of them. You could make this into a stationary set adding notebooks or writing paper. Use as a gift box add tissue and then any item even sweet treats. Also a 4 x6" mini album would even fit in here. And due to its construction its really sturdy.

I used the white card which comes in the back of Stampin' Up! DSP packs, it's amazing for creating boxes, super sturdy and adheres well. I used two for this so you would likely use just under two 12 x 12 sheets to create the box, base, lid, handle and middle support.

I decorated with Crumb cake card run through the Basket weave embossing folder and decorated the sides with Springtime foils... both are free Sale-A-Briton items so my project is very frugal. The crumb cake card once embossed is inked around the edges and lightly over the surface to accentuate the pattern. The flowers I did have in my crafty hoard, I can make my own but was feeling lazy. Leaves are made from the Stampin' Up! leaf punch. The Lace entwined around the handle is Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla lace trim, super soft, pretty and delicate.

I have two video tutorials on this project ... number one shows the construction and number two is a run through of how I decorated it. Box construction measurements are listed below and you can purchase any of the items used by visiting my online shop via the link to the right.

So grab a brew, get comfy and enjoy the video. ....Happy stamping xxxx Amanda

                                 
Part one
                             
Part two

Measurements for construction

Box 8 3/4 x 10 3/4 score on all four sides at 2"
Base 5 1/4" x 7 1/4"
Lid 10 3/4 x 5" score at 2", 4 7/8", 5 7/8", 8 3/4"
Handle 1 1/2" x 12"
Middle support 1" x 9" score each end at 2"

if you wish to layer with dip just cut each piece 1/8" smaller on each side 


5 comments:

  1. Lovely! Just in time for Easter and Mother's Day.(USA) Thank you for sharing this beautiful and useful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome have fun creating , hugs x Amanda

      Delete
  2. Totally adorable, Amanda!!! JUST.LIKE.YOU!!! :)))

    His,

    joy

    ReplyDelete